Austin Cactus & Succulent Society Library
The ACSS has an extensive library of publications (80+) that are available for members to borrow. To borrow a book, contact ACSS Librarian Doug Thieme via phone or email at least one day prior to the next club meeting. The book will then be available at the meeting for pick-up.
Library Loan Policy
- Book borrower must be a current ACSS member.
- Book(s) shall be loaned on a monthly basis.
- Books borrowed at one monthly meeting are due to be returned at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Book requests must be received at least one day prior to the scheduled meeting date.
- If a person who has borrowed a book wishes to borrow it for an additional month, they may do so by bringing the book in and "re-borrowing" it, providing no other club member has requested to borrow it.
- There shall be a six month limit to the time a club member may continuously borrow any individual book.
- If a person is unable to attend the next regularly scheduled meeting, there shall be a one month grace period. If the book is not returned (brought in) by the second meeting or arrangements are not made to return it to the librarian, the club member shall lose their borrowing privileges until the book(s) are returned as well as for a six month period following the return of the book(s).